Dear California Suzuki Music Teachers and Student Families,
The Suzuki Music Association of California would like to extend to you an invitation to join SMAC and participate in your local branch activities. Your local branch will keep you in touch with the teachers from your area as well as statewide. As a member of SMAC, additional benefits include:
- Invitation to teacher workshops (on a state and local level) with access to nationally known teachers in a smaller venue with option for SAA credit.
- Graduation celebrations and recitals for your students when they reach milestones in the Suzuki Literature and beyond.
- Regional Play-Ins where students can meet and play with other students in your area.
- A network of teachers where you can feel support and encouragement.
- Use of liability insurance with proper application.
- Scholarship information and oppotunities.
- Many other events including summer camps, retreats and Suzuki Institutes.
Many of our SMAC members are also members of the Suzuki Assocation of the Americas, which puts you in touch with the national Suzuki network. The SAA keeps you connected through the Americas conference where you have the privilege of making friends from all over the United States, Canada and South America.
We hope to have you join us and meet you at one of our many California events in the near future!
SMAC President Emeritus